The timber shop prints for the Newcomb consist of 22 pages of timber drawings and details plus helpful hints on layout and cutting and a list of timbers required to build the frame.
Features of The Newcomb timber frame shop drawings
1. Complete timber frame drawings
The shop prints include a fully labeled and dimensioned timber roof plan and truss drawings. Labeling on these drawings locates the joints detailed on the joinery and peg detail pages.
2. Joinery & Peg Details
There are detailed drawings of all joinery in the frame, as well as peg placements.
3. Photos of Newcomb Timber Frame Joints
Supplementary photos are included in the shop print package. These photos show some of the more complicated joints in Newcomb frames previously built by Arlington Frame Company and round out the joinery section.
4. Construction Section and Foundation
Drawings are supplied for a slab foundation, which will work for three optional enclosure systems.
Note that the house can also be built with a basement.
5. General notes
Notes pertaining to the slab foundation, plumbing, electrical and exterior walls are included. There are also helpful notes about cutting the individual joints throughout the plans.
6. Timber List
Quantity, dimensions and lengths of timbers required for building the frame are listed.
Buying both Shop Prints and House Plans
The Newcomb is also available as architectural prints (house plans). Save 25% when you buy both. If interested, contact us directly, as our new Newcomb house design is larger than these shop prints.
The combined plans DO NOT need to be purchased at the same time to take advantage of the 25% discount. If you have already purchased one set and wish to buy the other, please call us so that we can apply the discount.
The information below pertains to Shop Prints only, not Combined Plans:
Your Package Contains:
- Page 1 – Color Elevations
- Page 2 – Timber Roof Plan with detail labels
- Page 3 – Brace Details
- Page 4 – Truss Drawings
- Page 5–7 – Joinery Details
- Page 8 – Jack Rafters A & B
- Page 9 – Jack Rafters C – E
- Page 10–16 – Joinery Details
- Page 17 – Jack Locations on Hip Rafter
- Page 18–20 – Photos of Newcomb timber frame and joinery
- Page 21 – Foundation Slab Plan
- Page 22 – Typical Section with General Notes
- Hints for laying out and cutting the frame, and list of timbers required