Do you want changes made to one of our timber frame designs?
These packages for sale on this website give you a very cost-effective way to acquire detailed timber frame house plans. It is much more economical to start from plans such as these than to have your project custom designed from scratch.
If you want to keep your costs down but still want modifications to the plans, we can make them as our time permits at an hourly rate. It’s most cost-effective to keep to minor changes.
Please note that the smaller house plans, particularly those under 1000 sq. ft., have already been refined to the nth degree. There really aren’t many degrees of freedom for changing them and still having everything work in such a small space.
If you’re interested in custom modifications, e-mail us, detailing the changes you want made. We’ll respond with a price. If you wish to go ahead, buy the plan you want, noting in the comment box on the purchase form that you want modifications. That will keep us from shipping the prints to you until your changes are made.
How it works:
- E-mail us with the details of the changes you want. We will respond with a price for making the modifications — which, please note, is separate and in addition to the price of the plans. Purchasing the plans gives you the right to use the design for one house, and also includes our printing and shipping costs. Making custom modifications entails additional work for us over and above providing the unmodified plans. If you wish to proceed…
- Buy the plan, noting on the order form that you will be wanting modifications. That will prevent us from sending you the unmodified package.
- We will e-mail you images of the areas of the plan that have been modified for your approval.
- After receiving your approval and payment for the modifications (via our Modification Payment page) we will print the modified plan and send it to you.
- On complex modifications, the last two steps are taken in stages. We advance to the next stage after the previous stage is approved and paid for. That way, we are both sure that you are getting the changes you want.
We also do custom timber frame design.
Arlington Timber Frames Ltd. also builds custom timber frame homes. If you’d like us to build yours, you are not limited to the plans shown here. However, they may give you a head start in developing your ideas. Purchasing the plan you want will serve as a starting point for custom work. Please contact us to discuss your needs.